Google has brought an update to enable dark mode in Gmail app in 2019. Before the G-suite update, There were no direct options to enable Gmail dark mode on android. In this article, I will be showing you how to enable a dark theme for the Gmail app on android and Ios devices.
How To Enable Gmail Dark Mode On Android?
To enable Gmail Dark Theme on android Using System. (Android 10 and higher)
- Go to the Android Display System Settings on your device.
- Set the Device to Dark Theme.
- Gmail app will automatically be turned into a dark mode respecting the System settings.
To enable Gmail Dark Mode Using the Gmail app setting
- Open the Gmail app.
- Tap The Three Stacked Vertical Lines & select General Settings.
- Find the Theme Header option and click On it.
- Select Between Light or Dark. Tap on Dark to enable dark mode.
Note: If you are on a Google Pixel Phone, It will automatically switch to a dark theme when the Battery saver is enabled.
How To Enable dark mode in Gmail app On IOS?
To enable Gmail Night Mode On Ios Using System Settings ( Only On IOS13)
- If you have a device running on IOS13, You can use system settings to activate night mode on the Gmail app.
- Go to Your IOS Settings and set your device to the Dark theme.
- By default, the Gmail app will automatically activate night mode respecting the System default setting.
To use the Gmail app settings to activate the Gmail dark theme on Ios (Available on every IOS versions)
- Open the Gmail app.
- Go to settings and click on Themes.
- Select Dark to activate Gmail app dark mode on IOS.
Note: Google G-suite update is a staged update. So, it will take some time to get this update to everybody. In the meantime, you can follow the process below to use dark mode until there is an update notification that you get for your device.
- Go to Settings and click on Accessibility.
- Find out Display and text size and tap on it.
- Look for Smart Invert and Enable the button. It will change the text and background to a dark interface for all the apps.
Dark Mode is very beneficial for battery life and eyesight. A study on youtube shows that using youtube on dark mode can save up to 60% of battery charge. It is high time to start using every app on your phone in dark mode. We do browsing a lot in our daily life. I wrote an article on How to enable Google Chrome Dark Mode so you can browse comfortably with long-lasting battery life.