If you want to buy a computer or laptop, knowing about the detailed specification of the computer comes handy. You can check the specification of the computer on your own while you are buying. For this, you will have to know about how to check computer system information.
Or, you are facing some difficulties while using it.
Maybe, you want to install software on your computer. But the software is not installing on your system. There might be a case of unsupported hardware or OS.
To solve problems like those, You need to know about your computer specs so that you could find out what is the problem that is preventing that software to install.
In this article, I will discuss 3 easy ways to check a computer configuration on windows 10. I hope after reading this article, you will be able to check computer specifications easily.
You also might be interested in: How to Track Email Opens in Gmail?
What is Computer System information?
Computer system information includes information about the device, its hardware, software & Version related data. Basically, It is a summary of the system configuration of a computer.
On Windows 10, You can easily have access to those data of your device specifications. You can check about BIOS, UEFI, Versions, Updates, and Hardware in a number of ways on windows 10. Let’s jump into the processes of checking Pc’s Specification.
How To Check Computer System Information Using Settings?
If you are a user of Windows 10 or 8 you can directly get a basic overview of your Computer specification such as Memory, Processor, Graphics & windows version. You will have to use the about section on the settings page. Follow the instructions below:-
- Open Settings.
- Click on System.
- Scroll down and click on About.
- See the Device Specifications & Windows Specification.
How To Check Computer Specs Using System Information tool or msinfo32.exe?
To use the Windows System Information tool :
System Information tool is a built-in app for Windows Os that is around for many years. This is the tool where you can get a detailed overview of your Pc Specs. A great thing about the system information tool is that you can also Save the computer system information as a file. Follow the steps given below:-
- Open Search on the Start Menu.
- Search for System Information.
- Click on the Top result to open the system information app.
- A new window will open. Click on the System summary to know about your Pc specification.
- A dropdown menu with 3 options will appear on the left bottom side. Browse through specific options to know the specific information.
Note: If you want information about the display Browse through – System Summary > Components > Display.
To use msinfo32.exe :
Msinfo32.exe does the same purpose as the system information tool.to open msinfo32 follow the instructions below –
- Open Start menu’s Search bar and type in msinfo32.exe.
- Click on the first result or Hit Enter that will open the information about your computer.
- Press the R button while Pressing the Windows logo button on your keyboard.
- Type in msinfo32.exe
- Click on Ok or hit on the enter button and this will open the system configuration of your computer.
To save Pc specification as a file:-
- Open system information app. (Process discussed on top).
- Select system summary to save the full specification of your computer.If you want to save partial information you can select the specific option from the dropdown menu.
- Click on the File menu on the top left corner.
- Click on save or export.
- A new window will appear asking for the Location & Name of the file. Give the file a name and a location.
- Give the file a Name and a location.
- Click on the Save button.
How to find out Computer Specs on windows 10 using CMD?
Though, I think until now there is enough information you gathered about your system. One last thing to learn to find out specs of a computer using cmd. By using Cmd You can gather more pieces of information about your system such as Update, Bios version, UEFI and networking system. Let’s jump onto the process:
- Open Start Menu’s search bar.
- Search for Cmd or Command Prompt.
- Right-click on the top result and select Run as Administrator.
- A new window will popup. Type the Command “systeminfo” and hit enter.
- All the information related to your pc will be shown in a moment.
Wrapping Up :
I hope, Now you can effortlessly find out the computer specifications on your own. If you are facing any problem checking computer system information, Make a comment below. I will try to give a solution as soon as possible.
Of course, you could use third-party apps for checking pc specs. They are fresh and have a user-friendly interface. Check out Third-party apps to find out Computer Specifications.
- CoronaVirus pandemic Status – Affected, Dead & Recovered patient Number
- How Browser Cookies can be Harmful to Your Privacy?
- Enable Third-party Cookies In Chrome
- Top 5 Online Free Article Rewriter Tool In 2019
- How to Enable Dark Mode for Whatsapp Web?